Get into the world of Dr. Mitchell Mactier and follow his journey, week by week, as he creates his start-up: SMYL Dentistry
Mitchell is scheduled to open up his practice in 3 months in Houston, TX.
Listen each week to see the raw truth and the "behind the scenes" details that hardly many talk about publicly when it comes to starting up a practice!
We uncover unexpected struggles he is facing, what "life-saving" practice tips he discovered, how much everything is costing, what equipment/ companies he decides to go with and why, his plans to skyrocket his growth in the community, how all of this is affecting his personal life, and everything in between!
Mitchell may need your help and advice, so please feel free to engage with each episode, share your feedback, and ask questions here:
Message us through our website here.
Thank you for listening to this series "The Making of SMYL" on The Making of a Dental Start-Up. If you enjoyed it, please share with anyone you think will gain value from the show by clicking on one of the sharing tabs above.
Also, please consider leaving an honest review on iTunes. It helps other listeners find the show, and I would be forever grateful.
Questions or comments? Feel free to contact me here.
Follow me on Instagram or Facebook and improve your dental practice every day!
Have you subscribed? Don't miss a single episode!
You can also find us on Spotify now, just type in the search bar "The Making of a Dental Start-Up".
Listen to podcasts and learn more about The Making of a Dental Start-Up on the website.
POINTS WE DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Which banks did he apply too?
- Business Plan Template: values and mission statement. Projections, etc.
- Bank loan terms and interest rate
- What was the company he went with for demographic? Xcite Real Estate
- Who did Mitchell have to negotiate his lease?
- What were the LOI terms and which attorney did he use?
- Which architect did he go with and how much did it cost?
- How do you negotiate a higher TI (Tenant Allowance)?
- When does free rent start?
- How much is his overhead per month?
- His Construction company was Epic Construction.
- Tax issue with construction, sales tax when you do a remodel and no sales tax when you do a new construction.
- Keep all your landlord emails and LOI terms.
- How he booked his first 5 patients this week
- How he burned himself out two weekends ago.
- Katie was the biggest help this week
Remember that Mitchell's dental practice is being built in real time. Follow his incredible journey and message him here:
Mitchell's Practice Website: https://www.smyldentistry.com/
Mitchell's Practice Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/smyl_dentistry
Mitchell's Personal Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/smyl_dentistry